Our Curriculum Vision
Inspire, Challenge and Prepare
- Instill the love of learning among all students and inspire them to become life-long learners with the core values of Individuality Creativity, Enterprise, Internationalism, Confidence, and Excellence.
- Stimulate and challenge students from all demographic groups to learn beyond the curriculum and enable them to establish links between different subjects so as to form a robust web of knowledge
- Equip students with the knowledge, skills and outlook ready for life in the 21st century in which they will have the confidence and aspiration to take advantage of opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life: leadership, organisation, resilience, initiative, communication and aspirations.
- All our students will be prepared for higher education or high level apprenticeship after leaving Invicta.
- The curriculum in each subject is thoroughly thought out such that the content coverage is relevant, exciting and enriching and the delivery of the content is stimulating, engaging and effective
- Personal development comes high on curriculum agenda in which a dedicated personal development is developed and embedded in all aspects of school life
- Behaviour for learning is managed effectively to ensure that students are engaged, positive and excited about their learning at all time
- Ensure that language and vocabulary acquisition takes place on a daily basis in every lesson
- Embed reading in classwork and homework tasks so as to create a sustainable reading habit
- Set high expectations on the quality of written and oral communication
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills are embedded in the curriculum of all subjects
- Subjects collaborate to enable students to build webs of knowledge and apply knowledge in different contexts.
- Enable students to reflect on their progress in each lesson and over a sequence of lessons
- Design formative and summative assessment to enable learning to be durable and flexible
- Provide a plethora of enrichment opportunities for students to learn beyond the classrooms
- Work related learning and careers education are embedded in the curriculum in all subjects.
- Students are knowledgeable, confident and passionate about their learning
- Students develop positive attitude towards learning secure relevant skills to further their learning
- Students develop a deep body of knowledge and are able to apply their knowledge in different contexts
- Students become keen readers who read daily
- Educational outcomes reflect students’ full potential in both attainment and progress terms
- Students successfully secure places at top universities and competitive employment