FIGS - Friends of Invicta Grammar
FIGS is the school PTA. We run a range of events throughout the year to raise funds for extra-curricular projects and needs .
Previous contributions from FIGS have included:
- Book Buzz (Each student in Year 7 and Year 8 receives a free book)
- Library wellbeing resources.
- Robotics Club - Funding for electronics, parts and spares.
- Water dispenser machines.
- Canopies and ‘sails’ for outside areas.
- Plus the outdoor games next to the extension building.
This year FIGS plan to make contributions towards the wellbeing and environmental programs, as well as a range of proposals from school clubs and societies.
- Autumn Fair - The 2019 Fair raised close to £2000 and was a wonderful and enjoyable afternoon. Our thanks to all Year 8 and 9 students who contributed their time and resources, the house bands and solo musicians and to staff, parents and families that joined us for the day. The FIGS Fair 2020 is scheduled to be held on Saturday 19 September - TBC.
- Pamper Evening - The next Pamper Evening is scheduled for 14 March 2020. Tickets will be made available on Wisepay this year. We are excited to see the return of a very popular event and encourage students and parents to find out more.
- Quiz Night - The 2019 Quiz Night was a roaring success. Our thanks to the Parents and Staff that joined us for the evening. The inclusion of a teenage friendly round and a broader range of quiz questions made the evening much more competitive. The 2020 Quiz Night, Saturday 2 May, will continue with the same broad family appeal. Tickets will be available on Wisepay after Christmas.
Where to find us
FIGS comittee members are all parents of students at the school and can frequently be found wearing a FIGS name badge at many school events:
- 11+ Open Evening
- School Productions
- New Entrants Evenings
If you are unable to find us at any of these events, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always eager for new members with enthusiasm and new ideas to help bring the wider school community together.
We look forward to meeting you,
The FIGS Committee