Superb GCSE Results at Invicta
Students at Invicta Grammar School achieved not only an outstanding set of A Level results but also gained a superb set of GCSE results with 63% A*/A grades, totalling over 700 A*/A grades. More than half of all the reformed GCSE grades are 7, 8 or 9 grades; a superb achievement despite the high volatility this year.
Mrs Derrick, commented ‘We are exceptionally proud of our students and staff. Their results are testament to their dedication and commitment in a time when we have huge changes in educational reform, with moving grade boundaries and substantially more rigour. It is a real pleasure to see so many happy young women excited at their achievements and to be returning to Invicta for the next stage of their life journey. Putting these results together with our excellent A Level results, makes Invicta the number one choice of secondary school in Maidstone.”
The percentage of students who have 8 A*/A grades has increased to 45% which is a phenomenal achievement. In addition to this, our trend for both consistency and continual improvement is cemented with the following:
• 68 students achieved 8 or more A*/A or 9 – 7 grades.
• 115 students achieved 5 or more A*/A or 9 – 7 grades.
The school is delighted with some notable achievements for individual students:
• Maddie Brant achieved 8 A* grades and 26 out of 27 possible points for English and Mathematics.
• Meesa Rai achieved 7 A* grades and 26 points in English and Mathematics.
• Rebecca Lawrence achieved 8A* grades and 25 points in English and Mathematics.
• Charley Cawe achieved 7 A* grade and 25 points in English and Mathematics.
• Twins Caitlin and Bryony Boeshart-Thomas achieved 16 A and A* grades together with 7s and 8s in their English and Mathematics GCSEs.